Okay so 2 weeks ago I put myself on a weight loss plan. I have only lost 3 pounds; how can that be??? I have barely let myself sit down between sanding, painting and yard work. I work out on my eliptical for 30 minutes and then light weights for 30 minutes as soon as I get up. I am eating way less and if I go out to eat its either the low carb menu or I bring home half and eat that for another meal. Everyone keeps telling me that muscle weighs more than fat and I know that but I really was expecting this to go a little quicker. So at the moment I am really discouraged and wondering if this is even worth the effort. Maybe my scale is broken.
It is worth it! Keep it up. I have only lost 3 lbs as well. I have lost an accumulation of 3 1/2 inches in the last 3 weeks. Muscle does weigh more but takes up less room, so you should see some difference soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm walking each day and being sensible about the amounts I eat. I haven't really given up any food, just have less of it. I want to lose the weight and keep it off so I know I need to do this in a way that is long term and something I don't change later when I am traveling...
You are doing great.
Okay it IS worth the effort. I do notice more muscle tone that I haven't had since chemo stole it. Also, I have been digging stuff out for a yard sale. The back porch is all cleaned out and I moved my desk back there and a few other things for my own space. Thats why I haven't really blogged the post I promised. But it is forth coming, maybe today.
ReplyDeleteOh no, don't get discouraged. I'm doing the same thing too (try to lose a few pounds. I keep reminding myself that
ReplyDelete1. I didn't put the weight on quickly, but over time, so I need to be patient.
2. It's a work in progress and I'm trying to follow a healthier lifestyle.
I'll hang in there if you do! :-)
DJ