llowship hall on a church clean up day. Everett was taking a break and was pounding out a bluesy tune on the old piano back there. All of us within earshot dropped what we were doing and gathered round to listen and I saw you whip out your harp from your pocket. You blew such a sweet harmony to Ev's I wished it to go on forever. When you two ended your music you said to Everett..."Consider that an audition!" ...and you found a place in our hearts forever that day. Until we meet in heaven and hear you play again, God Bless you dear man, I will miss you.
20090405
Mike Laffey
Well, Mike, you are now rejoicing with the others that have gone on ahead of us. You got the best of the best now. I will always remember the day some of us heard you play for the first time back in the fe
llowship hall on a church clean up day. Everett was taking a break and was pounding out a bluesy tune on the old piano back there. All of us within earshot dropped what we were doing and gathered round to listen and I saw you whip out your harp from your pocket. You blew such a sweet harmony to Ev's I wished it to go on forever. When you two ended your music you said to Everett..."Consider that an audition!" ...and you found a place in our hearts forever that day. Until we meet in heaven and hear you play again, God Bless you dear man, I will miss you.
llowship hall on a church clean up day. Everett was taking a break and was pounding out a bluesy tune on the old piano back there. All of us within earshot dropped what we were doing and gathered round to listen and I saw you whip out your harp from your pocket. You blew such a sweet harmony to Ev's I wished it to go on forever. When you two ended your music you said to Everett..."Consider that an audition!" ...and you found a place in our hearts forever that day. Until we meet in heaven and hear you play again, God Bless you dear man, I will miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment